Recipe by KelBel
This tastes like the Tuscan soup you can get at the Olive Garden. My husband says its a keeper.
Top Review by kevin.e.myers
Followed the recipe note for note and liked the result. I might have over seasoned with pepper a bit because they Soup did have a bit of heat to it. Like others I will try mild sausage next time and will see how that strikes me. Either way this is a good soup and worth tinkering with.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) hot Italian sausages
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 6 -8 ounces fresh spinach, washed, chopped, tough stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from sausage and crumble into frying pan.
- Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Place meat in a large stock pot; add stock and potatoes.
- Boil until potato is cooked, about 10 minutes Add spinach.
- Continue boiling until spinach is lightly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, stir in evaporated milk, and season to taste with salt and pepper.