Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Italian-style soup somehow manages to be delicate and substantial at the same time.
- 16 ounces hot Italian sausage links
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, sliced 1/4 ' (6.25 mm)
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- First, sauté the sausage until done. Remove from your skillet, and let it cool a little while you . . .
- Start heating the chicken broth and cream in a big, heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat. Add both the vegetables to the soup.
- Slice the sausage on the diagonal, about 1/2' (1.25 cm) thick. Put the sliced sausage in the soup too.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and the garlic. Turn the burner to lowest heat, and simmer for an hour, stirring now and then.
- Each serving with: 487 calories; 41 g fat; 20 g protein; 10 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 8 g usable carb.
I love cauliflower but somehow it didn't belong in this soup. Other than that it was good. Thank you.
Excellent soup!! Hearty and delicious. I used spinach instead of kale and had to resort to frozen spinach to boot, but the soup still turned out very well. Thanks so much for sharing!