Recipe by wirkwoman1
An easy weeknight soup. From Prince Pasta Tubettini box. I prefer the kick from hot sausage. Delicious.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a winner. I did cut the recipe in half, used some leftover kidney beans (from chili earlier in the week) and used spicy sausage and added the onion and l large clove of garlic to cook with the sausage. Definately a keeper. Served with recipe#229410#229410.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tubettini pasta or 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- In a large pot, brown sausage.
- Stir in zucchini, squash and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except pasta.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.