Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy weeknight soup. From Prince Pasta Tubettini box. I prefer the kick from hot sausage. Delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tubettini pasta or 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- In a large pot, brown sausage.
- Stir in zucchini, squash and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except pasta.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a winner. I did cut the recipe in half, used some leftover kidney beans (from chili earlier in the week) and used spicy sausage and added the onion and l large clove of garlic to cook with the sausage. Definately a keeper. Served with Bruschetta With Caramelized Onion and Fresh Basil#229410.
Delicious!! We loved this quick and easy, flavorful soup. It goes together in a hurry, but doesn't taste like it. I used hot Italian sausage and the orzo pasta. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic to the sausage, along with the squash and onion. Also, I added 1 TBSP fresh, chopped basil to the pot before simmering. I was sure that I had garbanzo beans, but when I went to make this, I found that I didn't. So, I used a can of kidney beans (undrained) instead and it worked really well. I served this soup topped with fresh, shredded Parmesan cheese. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper! *Made for Fall 2009 PAC*