Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
- Rinse beans. In a large saucepan, combine beans and 4 cups cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage. Drain on paper towels.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beans, 2 ¼ cups water, broth, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, sausage, squash and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes until heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.