Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes Serves 6
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried great northern beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 8 ounces Italian sausages, cut in 3/4 inch slices
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced (or zucchini)
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse beans. In a large saucepan, combine beans and 4 cups cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage. Drain on paper towels.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beans, 2 ¼ cups water, broth, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, sausage, squash and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes until heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.