5 hrs 15 mins
Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes Serves 6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups dried great northern beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 8 ounces Italian sausages, cut in 3/4 inch slices
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced (or zucchini)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Rinse beans. In a large saucepan, combine beans and 4 cups cold water. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- 3Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage. Drain on paper towels.
- 4In a slow cooker, combine the beans, 2 ¼ cups water, broth, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, sausage, squash and wine.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender.
- 6Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes until heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 989.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: