1/1 Photo of Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I love soup! This is very tasty and a real hearty treat. It comes together quickly. UPDATE: 2/14 I recently added a can of diced tomatoes an that was a great addition. Serve with a baked tomato, green salad and crusty bread. Oh, and don't forget a nice glass of red vino. Recipe from DH's cuz MC!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, substitute mild
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, not in original recipe but great to add
- 6 cups great northern beans, canned, rinsed, approximately (3)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1In a soup pot, brown sausage until no longer pink.
- 2Break up into small pieces while cooking.
- 3Drain off excess oil. Return to pot.
- 4In a food processor, chop onion, celery, carrot, rosemary, and garlic until fine; add to the soup pot.
- 5In same food processor, puree 2 cups Great Northern beans with 1 cup chicken broth; add to the pot.
- 6NOTE: I like to chop the diced tomatoes a little finer in the food processor before adding.
- 7Combine remaining ingredients.
- 8Bring to boil; lower heat and simmer for 60 minutes or until desired consistency.
- 9Serve with your favorite sides and red wine.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 48.9 g