Recipe by Christinanicole
This came from the show everyday italian. I love this salad, it's crunchy and so very healthy.
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup black olives (or any kind you like)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans and stir.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until beans are slightly tender.
- Transfer the cooked green beans to a bowl of ice water and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Drain the green beans.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans with the lettuce, cannellini beans and olives.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Top with shaved Parmesan and serve.