Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created for an international church potluck. Reminded me of the flavors of a picnic I had in the Italian countryside. Amounts are approximate.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup olive, sliced (green or black)
- 1⁄2 cup hard salami, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Just before serving, shake dressing again and pour over salad. Toss to coat salad.
This was a nice combination! I served with other salad dressings because I didn't have enough olive oil and red wine vinegar on hand, but will try next time. I also left out the salami. The subtle blend of colors was very pleasant. Thanks for posting!