Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this dry rub when you want to give the meat a crust. Use on veal, pork, beef, chicken or even fish... I think it would make a great gift too with a nice bottle of olive oil and instructions.
- 1⁄4 cup dried rosemary or 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt or 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Place rosemary in bowl and crumble needle leaves between fingers to break into small pieces.
- Stir in oregano, sage, garlic flakes, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to jar.
- Cover and store away from heat and light.
- Rub will keep several months.
- Variation: For touch of tartness, add 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest.
- Instructions for use: Brush the meat with olive oil, then sprinkle with rub, patting rub into meat with your fingertips.
- If desired, squeeze some lemon juice over the rub.
- Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes before grilling.
Very excellent rub! Had it on boneless pork chops, which I pan-fried in a little olive oil. I'm looking forward to trying it on other meats and using other cooking methods. Thank you, alijen, for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2009.