Recipe by Maito
This chicken is very juicy and garlic-y, while the lemon is subtle. An adaptation of a Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger recipe. Does not include time if you want to let it marinate.
Top Review by Gerry
I loved it!! Wonderful, has already seen to repeats! I am very fond of Tuscun dishes and this one is really good.A delightful and delicious meal to serve family and friends. Used sage along with a little rosemary and thyme. Awesome flavour. The recipe has been added to my Family Favourites.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (rosemary, thyme or sage would probably work as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Coat chicken with this, plus grind a few turns of pepper over it. At this point you can let it marinate up to a day or cook it right away (I like to let it marinate). When ready for baking, sprinkle a little salt over the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roast chicken for 20 minutes, then add the fresh herbs. Cook for about 25 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If you use bone-in chicken breasts, you will need to increase the cooking time.