Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This chicken is very juicy and garlic-y, while the lemon is subtle. An adaptation of a Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger recipe. Does not include time if you want to let it marinate.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (rosemary, thyme or sage would probably work as well)
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Coat chicken with this, plus grind a few turns of pepper over it. At this point you can let it marinate up to a day or cook it right away (I like to let it marinate). When ready for baking, sprinkle a little salt over the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roast chicken for 20 minutes, then add the fresh herbs. Cook for about 25 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If you use bone-in chicken breasts, you will need to increase the cooking time.
I loved it!! Wonderful, has already seen to repeats! I am very fond of Tuscun dishes and this one is really good.A delightful and delicious meal to serve family and friends. Used sage along with a little rosemary and thyme. Awesome flavour. The recipe has been added to my Family Favourites.
Wow. This was the best, juiciest baked chicken I have ever had. It tasted almost like rotisserie chicken. I omitted the lemon zest (since I didn't have any); and, instead of adding fresh herbs in the middle of cooking, I just sprinkled on some Mrs. Dash along with the salt and pepper. I will definitely be keeping this one and showing it off to my friends and family. Thanks!
Love the taste of the lemon in the chicken! It was very easy, healthy, convenient, and used handy ingredients. I served this with Wilted Spinach Salad With Roasted Kumara (Sweet Potato), peas, and a pineapple sherbert. I did double the marinade and am glad I did. Now I wish I would have taken the juices and made a sauce to go with it. Thanks Maito for a great recipe. Made for the Please Review My Recipe tag game.