Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this broth is to die for!
- 1 ciabatta
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 ounces kale
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degree,.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and all of the veggies. Make sure to remove to stems from the kale before chopping.
- In a pot, over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, onion, carrrot, and celery. Add all the spices and cook slowly until soft for about 6mins.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes with juice and simmer for 5min. Drain and rinse the beans and add them to the pot with the 2 cups broth. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the croutons. cut the ciabatta in half lengthwise. Cut the last clove of garlic in half and rub it all over the ciabatta. Chop the garlic and sprinkle on top. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 min or until slighty browned. Cut into thin strips.
- Add the kale to the soup and cook another 10 min until kale is wilted. Taste the soup and add more seasoning if needed.
- Serve in bowls with crouton strips.
Great recipe! I followed the recipe to the letter except that I used frozen kale. The bread was gluten free ciabatta, worked perfectly. We enjoyed this for dinner today. Thanks for sharing, dear Co-Agent!