Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this on a night I didn't feel like working in the kitchen. A quick-to-fix pasta sauce using frozen spinach and canned beans and tomatoes. The only chopping needed is for the onion and garlic and you can even buy those pre-chopped, too! Prep time does not include thawing the spinach.
- 2 honeysuckle white brand sweet Italian turkey sausage links
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1⁄2-1 cup beef broth, as needed
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven brown sausage with red pepper and Italian seasoning (I squeeze it out of the casing so it crumbles like ground beef).
- Add onion and garlic, sautee until onion is translucent but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and spinach and stir well.
- Add beef broth a little at a time, stirring as you add, until you get the desired consistency (mine was very chunky).
- Simmer covered about 10 minutes, allowing flavors to meld.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.
Yum! What a great change for a pasta sauce. We all really loved it. I used cannellini beans and subbed chicken broth for the beef. I served over small gnocchi and had Quick BBQ Zucchini along side. Very tasty and easy! I will definitely be making this again! Made and Reviewed for Tag It Red game - Thanks! :)