Recipe by littleturtle
An Italian classic. Easy & tasty. Usually very high in fat because it's tossed with tons of olive oil, but that's really unnecessary, a light coating will do just fine. Great side for any number of meats - roast pork, grilled chicken, Italian sausage, salmon, beef, veal, etc, etc.
Top Review by annason
didn't know what to think about mint being the spice, but these were wonderful. the whole family loved them. One thing I will do next time is cut potatoes bigger rather than smaller. my smaller pieces got dried out...
- 1 lb small red potato (2-4 potatoes)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced & stemmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scrub potatoes and halve or quarter any that are larger than bite-sized.
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy duty zip lock plastic bag and shake well to coat potatoes.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan (lined with foil for easy clean up), and roast for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.