Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
An Italian classic. Easy & tasty. Usually very high in fat because it's tossed with tons of olive oil, but that's really unnecessary, a light coating will do just fine. Great side for any number of meats - roast pork, grilled chicken, Italian sausage, salmon, beef, veal, etc, etc.
- 1 lb small red potato (2-4 potatoes)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced & stemmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scrub potatoes and halve or quarter any that are larger than bite-sized.
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy duty zip lock plastic bag and shake well to coat potatoes.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan (lined with foil for easy clean up), and roast for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
didn't know what to think about mint being the spice, but these were wonderful. the whole family loved them. One thing I will do next time is cut potatoes bigger rather than smaller. my smaller pieces got dried out...
i used much more olive oil than the recipe calls for, the potatoes would have been dry without it. great side dish, veerrryy simple.
My entire family loved these--even my son who does not like potatoes!