merron-iru kami's Note:
A hearty, rich soup full of potatoes, greens and garlic! It's easy enough for a beginner cook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausages (vegetarians use sausage-flavored meat substiture like "Gimme Lean") or 1 lb vegetarian sausage, casing removed (vegetarians use sausage-flavored meat substiture like "Gimme Lean")
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb red potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 cups whole milk (skim or soy may be used)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Brown the sausage in the bottom of a large stock pot, breaking it up with a utensil as you go.
- 2Once meat is no longer pink, add onions and continue to saute until they are translucent (if using meat substitute, you may wish to add a few teaspoons of olive oil to prevent sticking).
- 3Add potatoes and garlic to the pot and stir to incorporate them. Once garlic becomes fragrant, add the vegetable stock and red pepper (if using) and bring to a boil.
- 4Once potatoes are tender, add chopped kale and cover the pot. Once the kale has wilted, remove the pot from heat, add milk and season with salt and pepper.
- 5For Vegetarian use only the Vegetarian sausage. Note they do not have casings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Potato Soup - Easy to Make Vegetarian!
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 1056.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: