6 hrs 20 mins
From the cookbook "making the most of your slow cooker". I am putting this here for safe keeping as i borrowed this book from my local library. The image looks fabulous - lamb falling off the bone with beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 kg lamb shoulder, bone removed and tied with string
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 12 small rosemary sprigs
- 115 g lean rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- potato, to serve
- crusty bread, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the lamb on al sides. Remove and stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2While the lamb is cooling - add the bacon,onion, carrot and celery to the empty pan and cook until soft, transfer to the base of your croc pot. Add the red wine to the croc pot too.
- 3Add the stock and tomatoes to the pot and season to your liking. Add the thyme and bayleaves submerging them in liquid.
- 4Chop the garlic into quarters length ways. Make 12 deep incisions (use a paring knife) all over the lamb. Push a small peice of garlic and small spring of rosemary into each incision.
- 5Place the lamb on top of the liquid in the croc pot. Plce the lid on top and cook on high for 4 hours.
- 6Lift the lamb out of the pot and stir the beans into the remaining liquid. Return the lamb and dook for a further 1- 2 hours, or until the lamb is cooked and tender.
- 7Remove the lamb from the croc pot and place on a plate and cover with foil for 10 minutes to let rest.
- 8Remove the string from the lamb and carve the meat into thick slices. Remove the thyme and bay leaves from the pot. Carefully spoon off any fat from the remaining vegetables and liquid.
- 9Spoon the vegetables and beans onto a warm serving plate, arrange the lamb over the top.
- 10Serve with potatoes and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Pot-Roasted Shoulder of Lamb (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.5
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 193.0 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: