1/1 Photo of Tuscan Pot Pie
Ruth Tisdale's Note:
Pot Pie With a Twist- Served with a tossed salad and crusty bread this easily makes a meal for 8 hungry people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, any variety- diced
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (8 count) can crescent rolls
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1Put sausage into large dutch oven and heat on low till hot. About 5 to 8 minutes.
- 2Add the zucchini, onions, and mushrooms. Stir.
- 3Sprinkle all the dried spices over the mixture and let heat 2 minutes. Stir well and let heat till the mushrooms start wilting down. Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn. There is no need to add water or oil.
- 4Rinse and drain the beans and add them.
- 5Add the spaghetti sauce to the mixture and stir. It will be quite thick. Heat for a few minutes.
- 6Remove from heat. Then add the cheese and stir. Pour into the pan that you have sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Make a decorative topping with the crescent rolls. Your choice. then place into a preheated 425°F oven and cook until the crescent rolls are browned and the pie mixture bubbly. In my oven that is usually about 20 minutes for this dish.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.5
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 2259.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 43.8 g