Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
One of my favorites! Note: time includes 1 hour marinating
Make and share this Tuscan Pork Loin recipe from Food.com.
- Tie kitchen string around pork in three places (prevents flattening). Mix salt and garlic into a paste. Stir in oil, rosemary and zest.
- Rub mixture into pork. Refrigerate, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place in roasting pan.
- Roast 45 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Remove from heat & let rest 10 minutes.
- Add vermouth and vinegar to roasting pan and place over medium-high heat.
- Simmer, scraping browned bits on bottom of pan, 3-4 minutes until half reduced.
- Remove string and slice roast.
- Add any juices to sauce and serve.
Made this for Easter 2010. Did a brown sugar/saltwater brined for a few hours beforehand. Was delicious. Originally saw this recipe in Eating Well Dec05/Jan06.
I used two 1-pound tenderloins, and didn't tie them together, and they were cooked in about 30 minutes instead of 45. Wonderful flavor, very moist, and fork tender. I'll save this one to my favorites cookbook.
Quick and simple recipe I made during the week! I only had about 45 minutes to marinate, and since I used a pork loin roast it took closer to 70 minutes to cook. I cooked it to 150 degrees internally and it was fabulous! Lovely aroma, and the sauce is a must!