Recipe by Loves2Teach
These tasty chops are elegant enough for a dinner party, but easy enough for a weeknight supper. From southern living magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 in thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- Cook pork chops in hot oil over medium high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove chops from skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet, and saute 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skilled; stir in tomatoes and capers.
- Return pork chops to skillet; bring sauce to a boil.
- cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4-5 minutes or until pork is done.
- Serve pork chops with tomato mixture.
- Garnish, if desired.