Recipe by hungrykitten
From www.eggsca. The original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons bruschetta mixture, drained, but the computer wouldn't accept that.
Top Review by I'mPat
What a great breakfast this made with the different flavours and textures, I used a free range egg, thinly sliced double smoked ham, aged parmesan and vine ripened tomatoe and put all on a slice of toasted wholemeal/wholegrain bread, I made one for the DM and one for myself and we both thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you hungrykitten from the DM and I, made for ZAAR Chefs Alphabet Soup Tag Game.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice focaccia bread
- 1 slice prosciutto or 1 slice ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 inches of water to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce to gentle simmer.
- Break egg into small dish. Gently slip egg into water. Cook to desired doneness in barely simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Toast bread; place on serving plate. Place slice of prosciutto on bread. Placed poached egg on prosciutto. Top with bruschetta mixture and cheese.