Recipe by Kitten Stirfry
This recipe has been a favorite among all of my experimental recipe victims. I got the idea from several of my father's northern Italian recipes. Being tired of the A-typical beet juice variation of pickled eggs, I have set out to create something more.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- 9 garlic cloves (I like a lot of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (preferably fresh and fresh ground)
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (preferably fresh and fresh ground)
- 2 cups white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs (usually around 15 minutes).
- Mix the salt and water in a mason jar until salt dissolves.
- Add ground rosemary and dill weed into mason jar.
- Add garlic cloves (be sure to cut the garlic cloves in half).
- Peel hard boiled eggs and place in mason jar (sliced onion is an additional option).
- Fill to top with vinegar, and seal lid.
- Place eggs in fridge for 2 weeks (occasional shake or rotate the mason jar).