Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
An easy and delicious crock pot meal which I picked up from The Slow Cooker Bible (on clearance at Border's!). The original recipe uses chicken but I alter it to use Italian sausage. This is a hearty pasta and a great way to sneak lots of vegetables into your families' meal and have it taste great, too!
- 6 Italian sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, broken in half
- Place all ingredients, excluding uncooked pasta, in crock pot.
- Cover, cook on LOW for approximately 3.5 to 4 hours. Use a thermometer to check the meat's temperature to be sure it is cooked all the way through. Vegetables should be tender, but not mushy.
- Stir in spaghetti. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. Stir, cover, and cook for approximately 10 more minutes or until spaghetti is al dente.