Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
An easy meal, just throw everything in the crock pot and cook, one of my family's favorite crock pot meals!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 439.41 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or use similar beans)
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (preferably Hunt's)
- 822.13 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 127.57 g jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, thinley diced
- 14.79 ml fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 170.09 g uncooked thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot, except the spaghetti; cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the spaghetti, cover and cook on HIGH for 45-50 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- If desired, the spaghetti can be cooked separately if desired, and added to mixture before serving, just cook the mixture in the crock pot an extra 40 minutes, or to suit taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
I'm really starting to look for crock pot meals, and this is a good one. I did it just as directed, except left out the mushrooms. I started it about 1 pm, and it was done at 5:30. I had some already cooked thin spaghetti that I added. Next time I might use a little less broth if I'm adding already cooked pasta, because it was a little bit runny.
Yum! This recipe was the first thing I ever tried in my new crock pot and it was delicious. The only change I made was to use whole wheat spaghetti. This is so great and surprisingly low calorie!
This is an easy and tasty dish. I got up this morning and wanted to have dinner ready when I got home from work. This recipe caught my eye because all the ingredients are usually in my pantry and freezer. It went together in 5 minutes and all I had to do was add the pasta when I got home. I also used Ro-Tel tomatoes and a quill shaped pasta as well as cannellini beans. The pasta did not need 40 minutes to cook, so I'd recommend that you just keep an eye on whatever type of pasta you use as they all cook at different lengths of time.