Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
An easy meal, just throw everything in the crock pot and cook, one of my family's favorite crock pot meals!
Top Review by jane49423
I'm really starting to look for crock pot meals, and this is a good one. I did it just as directed, except left out the mushrooms. I started it about 1 pm, and it was done at 5:30. I had some already cooked thin spaghetti that I added. Next time I might use a little less broth if I'm adding already cooked pasta, because it was a little bit runny.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or use similar beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (preferably Hunt's)
- 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, thinley diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot, except the spaghetti; cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the spaghetti, cover and cook on HIGH for 45-50 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- If desired, the spaghetti can be cooked separately if desired, and added to mixture before serving, just cook the mixture in the crock pot an extra 40 minutes, or to suit taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.