Recipe by luvcook'n
I think this recipe came from one of the Moosewood collection. As usual I didn't write down the method, but have included my way of putting it together. Feel free to do the same!
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- mushroom, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- asparagus, cut in 3rds
- green beans, cut in 3rds
- snow peas
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups greens
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil, torn
- 1 loaf italian crusty bread, torn
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup plain soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in either a food processor or bowl if using a hand blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate.
- NOTE: I have noticed that the dressing becomes thick in the fridge -- so thin with a little milk (if desired).
- Grill zucchini and mushrooms until grill marks appear.
- Steam the asparagus, green beans, and snow peas (right at the end of steaming).
- Place field greens in large salad bowl.
- Add the grilled and steamed veggies, tomatoes.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper, torn basil. Toss gently.
- Take the loaf of bread and tear into bite size pieces.
- Add to salad.
- Add the dressing (as much as you like) and toss.
- If there is any bread and dressing left over -- that is for the cook to noche on whenever she pleases -- lol Enjoy!