Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Another recipe that was sent to me by our friend Steve in Pennsylvania. Haven't tried this one yet but it looks good.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We had to change a few things in this recipe but the flavours were so fabulous that it still deserves 5 stars. The biggest change for us was the salt, it asked for 1 1/2 Tbsp... we put 1 1/2 tsp & it still was abit on the salty side. Increased the meat by adding 1 italian sausage but reduced the olives, cayenne & mozza cheese abit. The mixture was fairly (dry) crumbly so I added some soda cracker crumbs with 1 egg to help form it together. I cooked it on a broiler pan so the grease cooked off abit. It stayed together nicely & there was plenty of flavour to make the taste buds dance, thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 10 large olives, sliced (green or black)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Mix well.
- Spray a 12x4x4 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Transfer meat mixture to the greased loaf pan, pressing the meat firmly into the pan.
- Brush top of meatloaf with olive oil.
- Place pan onto a baking tray to catch any drippings. Bake in the center rack of oven, uncovered, for 60 to 80 minutes, until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove from oven. Carefully drain excess fat and moisture from around the meatloaf.
- Allow meatloaf to rest in pan for 5 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, bring tomato sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Transfer meatloaf onto a serving platter. Cut into 1 inch thick slices. Serve with warmed tomato sauce.