Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ground turkey and pasta dish. We love this recipe--is my husband's favorite! Got this recipe from Family Circle magazine a few years ago.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze water out of spinach.
- Mix spinach, turkey, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup parmesan, mozzarella, garlic salt and pepper. Form into about 30 meatballs.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over med-high heat. brown meatballs for 2-3 minutes. Once browned, bake meatballs on baking sheet for about 20 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, bring a lightly salted pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti. Once finished, reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- Deglaze meatball pan with white wine. Add butter and garlic & let thicken slightly. Pour over drained spaghetti and toss to coat; add some of reserved pasta water to moisten if needed. Add meatballs. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan.
We really enjoyed these. The only thing I changed was the cooking method. I was afraid with my level of grace and lack of finesse that I would rip them apart in the browning so I just let them simmer in the pasta sauce I made to go with the dish and they turned out great. I think the only thing I would do differently the next time would be to add some minced onion into the mix. Thanks for sharing such a delicious and easy recipe!