- 1 1⁄3 cups almonds, peeled and toasted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 2 egg whites, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound or grind the almonds to a powder.
- Add the granulated sugar, and half the confectioner's sugar.
- Add the vanilla, and fold in the egg whites, a little at a time, until you have a smooth but not too runny mixture.
- Shape into diamonds and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Leave overnight in a very low heated oven.