Prep 2 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is featured in Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, Fresh and Simple 20-Minute Super Suppers. I have never made a recipe that was so easy that tasted like it came from a 5-star Italian Trattoria. It is wonderful served over homemade garlic smashed potatoes!
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- Trim fat from chops.
- In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat about 8 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
- Transfer chops to a plate; keep warm.
- Stir garlic into drippings in skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and snipped rosemary.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates; arrange 2 chops on each serving.
- If desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs.
This is a 5 by me but my husband and kids preferred the lamb without the tomatoes, etc. I think it would be great to simmer in the sauce as a matter of fact! Thanks for a great recipe for ME! It was really easy to prepare.
This was really delicious and so healthy! I used extra trim lean lamb pieces and instead of canned Italian tomatoes I used a regular can of tomatoes and added Italian herb blend. I served this with zucchini and mushrooms which I stir fryed in a non-stick pan. I will make this again.