Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Flavourfull treat with beans. From B H & G
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- fresh rosemary
- Trim fat from chops.
- Cook chops in hot oil in a large frypan over medium heat about 8 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate, keep warm.
- Stir garlic into drippings in frypan.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, vinegar and snipped rosemary.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture onto four individual plates, arrange two chops on each serving of beans, If desired garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Very good! The rustic style beans were just perfect with the lamb. I loved the combination of fresh rosemary and balsamic vinegar. I made the recipe as directed using the wonderful beans from Whole Foods that come in a glass jar instead of a can. The flavor difference is amazing. I finely chop fresh rosemary, so I decreased the amount to 1 tsp. I served the dish with a green salad seasoned only with a high quality olive oil, salt and pepper. Our guests brought homemade Tuscan bread and we sipped on a Super Tuscan red. The only thing I would do different would be to season the lamb chops with a bit of garlic while cooking them. Our guests left happily with a copy of your recipe.