Recipe by Derf
Flavourfull treat with beans. From B H & G
Top Review by Lorac
Very good! The rustic style beans were just perfect with the lamb. I loved the combination of fresh rosemary and balsamic vinegar. I made the recipe as directed using the wonderful beans from Whole Foods that come in a glass jar instead of a can. The flavor difference is amazing. I finely chop fresh rosemary, so I decreased the amount to 1 tsp. I served the dish with a green salad seasoned only with a high quality olive oil, salt and pepper. Our guests brought homemade Tuscan bread and we sipped on a Super Tuscan red. The only thing I would do different would be to season the lamb chops with a bit of garlic while cooking them. Our guests left happily with a copy of your recipe.
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- Cook chops in hot oil in a large frypan over medium heat about 8 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate, keep warm.
- Stir garlic into drippings in frypan.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, vinegar and snipped rosemary.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Spoon bean mixture onto four individual plates, arrange two chops on each serving of beans, If desired garnish with rosemary sprigs.