Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like your dinner to have a little zip to it, this is the recipe for you! My family loves this dish, so it is a staple at the Doyle household!
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms (we use Prego)
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Remove sausage from casings.
- Brown sausage in a skilled, stirring to separate meat.
- Rinse and drain the grease off of the sausage.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beans and thyme to the sausage in the skillet.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mozarella cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a medium size, round oven proof skillet or pie dish.
- Unroll the crescent dough; divide into triangles.
- Arrange in a spiral with points of dough towards the center, covering the sausage mixture completely.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
This was a delicious dish and so easy to put together. I love to keep crescent rolls on hand because they are so versatile and handy for last minute meals and appetizers. I mixed most of the mozzarella in, but added a lot between the filling and the crust. I just used a simple marinara (rather than sauce with mushrooms) so my son wouldn't sit at the table trying to pick the mushrooms out :), and added some basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper for extra kick. I also brushed the top with an egg wash. Thanks, KC Cooker, for sharing this nice, warm comfort meal!
Well I had to average out the stars my daughter really liked it my son said it was not bad and my husband said he did not care for it. so three stars on average we liked it. It was easy to make and we tried something new cannellini beans, which are white kidney beans I guess I would agree with my son. Some how it seemed like it was something missing. I am not sure what? Perhaps it was my choice of sweet Italian sausage maybe I should have used hot Italian sausage. My son said add some noodles maybe. At any rate I will probable not make this again, at least not when my husband is home just not for us.
Loved it, loved it and the guys here at the firehouse loved it! Thanks.So easy to make as well.