Recipe by Dine & Dish
If you like your dinner to have a little zip to it, this is the recipe for you! My family loves this dish, so it is a staple at the Doyle household!
Top Review by GaylaJ
This was a delicious dish and so easy to put together. I love to keep crescent rolls on hand because they are so versatile and handy for last minute meals and appetizers. I mixed most of the mozzarella in, but added a lot between the filling and the crust. I just used a simple marinara (rather than sauce with mushrooms) so my son wouldn't sit at the table trying to pick the mushrooms out :), and added some basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper for extra kick. I also brushed the top with an egg wash. Thanks, KC Cooker, for sharing this nice, warm comfort meal!
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms (we use Prego)
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Remove sausage from casings.
- Brown sausage in a skilled, stirring to separate meat.
- Rinse and drain the grease off of the sausage.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beans and thyme to the sausage in the skillet.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mozarella cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a medium size, round oven proof skillet or pie dish.
- Unroll the crescent dough; divide into triangles.
- Arrange in a spiral with points of dough towards the center, covering the sausage mixture completely.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.