Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great way to use fresh herbs from the garden. It can be used to season Italian sauces, salad dressings, marinades,and as a dipping sauce for hot, crusty bread. The proportions are easily changed to suit reducing or increasing the recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon course black pepper
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Toss herbs and seasonings in olive oil. Spread ingredients in a single layer on a nonstick pan. Place in oven for 4 to 5 hours or until the blend is dry; watch carefully so they do not burn. Cool, then use a coffee grinder or food processor to reduce the blend to a powder. Store in a sterilized air tight container. If you use a food dehydrator instead of the oven, follow the appliance directions for drying herbs.