Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy and great for parties! Everyone loves!
- 10 medium garlic cloves
- 30 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sesame paste (tahini)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cold water, if needed
- Fit a food processor with the steel blade.
- Process the garlic cloves until finely minced, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- Add the beans and pulse the machine a few times to chop them coarsely.
- Then, with the machine running, puree them while you slowly pour the sesame paste through the feed tube.
- Still with the motor running, pour the olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce through the feed tube, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Stop the processor, open the lid, and add the salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne.
- Process until thoroughly blended. If the puree seems too thick for dipping or spreading, pulse in the 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate to chill well before serving.