Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple no muss no fuss recipe using foil to bake or grill. Easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean up.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, divided
- 2 halibut steaks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450°F and combine beans, tomato, and 1 tablespoons pesto; mix well. Center 1/2 of bean mixture on each foil sheet.
- Top each with one halibut steak; drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle halibut with lemon pepper. Top with lemon slices. Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends under, leaving room for heat circulation inside packets.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven. Serve with remaining pesto.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high and grill 14 to 18 minutes in a covered grill. Serve with remaining pesto.
Delicious and healthy! Full of fiber and omega 3s, yet it tasted fantastic. My only suggestion would be to either cut the tomato/bean mixture in half, or use four fish steaks. I had to throw some of it out because I couldn't pile it any higher. Other than than, it was a winner that would be a great do-ahead dish for a dinner party. Thank you.
This was really great! This was my first "foil packet" dinner and I was amazed at how perfectly it cooked fish. I've had some bad experiences with baked fish as I like fish WELL done and most baking recipes make it too mushy for my tastes. Not knowing the foil packet method, I upped the cooking time by 10 minutes and actually wished I'd followed the directlons as stated since the fish were slightly dry...my fault. The steaming method was PERFECTION. The flavor was excellent and the bean/tomato/pesto accompaniment was wonderful. Served with rice. YUM! Definitely a repeater for us!! Thank you for a winner!
I love foil-pack recipes; they are so easy to cook, no clean-up and the food always turns out so moist! I made these using tilapia instead of halibut and adding more pesto. I baked these in the oven. We really enjoyed this - and so easy!