Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious,slow cooked soup recipe I found.
- 1 cup medium pasta shell
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, in oil, drained, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- cook pasta according to directions.
- at same time, in a medium saucepan , heat oil over medium heat. add onion, garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- add chicken broth, tomatoes, carrot and garbanzo beans, reserve 1 cup beans.
- bring to boil, stir occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- puree vegetable mixture in food processor and return to saucepan.
- add drained pasta and reserved beans and heat through, add extra broth if soup is too thick.
- top with cheese.
This was very tasty. I followed the directions as written. A good soup.