Recipe by Lorac
An easy to prepare, heart and soul warming skillet stew. Ragu pasta sauce, frozen veggies, potatoes, canned canellini beans and chicken from the freezer makes this a convenient, "what's in the cupboard" dinner.
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 737.08 g jarragu old world style pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced green beans
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves, crushed
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini beans
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add green pepper and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Ragu sauce, water, potatoes,carrots, green beans and basil.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover.
- and simmer, stirring occasionally for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan, add cannelini beans, salt and pepper and cook until chicken and beans are heated through.