1 hr 10 mins
An easy to prepare, heart and soul warming skillet stew. Ragu pasta sauce, frozen veggies, potatoes, canned canellini beans and chicken from the freezer makes this a convenient, "what's in the cupboard" dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 737.08 g jar ragu old world style pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced green beans
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves, crushed
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini beans
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- 2Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Add green pepper and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add Ragu sauce, water, potatoes,carrots, green beans and basil.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover.
- 6and simmer, stirring occasionally for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 7Return chicken to the pan, add cannelini beans, salt and pepper and cook until chicken and beans are heated through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 991.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 37.4 g