Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy to prepare, heart and soul warming skillet stew. Ragu pasta sauce, frozen veggies, potatoes, canned canellini beans and chicken from the freezer makes this a convenient, "what's in the cupboard" dinner.
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 737.08 g jarragu old world style pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced green beans
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves, crushed
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini beans
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add green pepper and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Ragu sauce, water, potatoes,carrots, green beans and basil.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover.
- and simmer, stirring occasionally for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan, add cannelini beans, salt and pepper and cook until chicken and beans are heated through.
We love this stew!! My aunt had it waiting for us when we returned from our honeymoon 45 years ago. We have it at least once a month.