Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Had some pizza dough and leftover grilled chicken that needed to get used, so i threw together a simple pizza, and it was the best i've ever made! The whole fam loved it.
- 1 store bought pizza dough, uncooked
- 1 cup tomato sauce, like hunts
- 3 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken (i like grilled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out pizza dough on a well floured surface. Place onto pizza pan that is dusted with cornmeal, or drizzled with olive oil.
- Spread tomato sauce over dough in a thin, even layer.Top with fresh basil.
- Evenly sprinkle cheese onto pizza. Top with chicken, especially places not covered with cheese.
- Sprinkle parsley over the cheese. Finish of with a little freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or nutil crust is golden.
- Let pizza cool about 5 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is wonderful. The fresh basil really makes it special. My grandson age ten, loved it so much he was looking for more the next morning for breakfast!