Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good healthy dish that I like to make for lunches at work. It's great cold. I believe it came out of some health magazine, I didn't create it.
- 2 ounces penne pasta
- 10 ounces chicken breasts
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, dices and roasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil 1 1/2 quart water. Drop in the penne pasta and stir until it is al dente (about 9 to 11 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, sear the chicken in a skillet on medium-high (about 4-5 minutes per side). Season each side with a pinch of salt and pepper as the other side cooks.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium. Add the spinach, beans, oil, garlic, rosemary, and bell peppers. Turn frequently until the spinach wilts (about 1-2 minutes).
- Slice the chicken and toss it with drained pasta and the spinach-bean mixture.
- Top each serving with 1 tbsp parmesan cheese.
Great recipe! It was very easy and very flavorful. It turned out a little salty after salting the pasta and the chicken but that was my fault. The beans add a lot of salt so be careful. Thanks Paul!