Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in Simple and Delicious July/August 2006.
Make and share this Tuscan Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked pasta
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In skillet, saute the onion and peppers in oil 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes longer until vegetable are tender.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thick, place over the vegetables. Top with the rest of the ingredients except the pasta and cheese. Bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened.
- Serve with pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
This was a pretty good recipe but I found it to be a little lacking in seasonings. I wound up adding some more balsamic vinegar, some extra red pepper flakes and about a half teaspoon of Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning (I know, nothing to do with Tuscany but I was looking for a little more heat). After that, I really liked it. I served it with rigatoni pasta.