Recipe by DrGaellon
From Weight Watchers' "Slow Good" cookbook. Don't skip the browning step, it adds a tremendous amount of flavor. This is rather more of a soup than a stew.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb chicken sausage or 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, cleaned and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into 1½" cubes. Cut the sausage into similarly-sized pieces.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Working in batches, brown the chicken and sausage in the olive oil. Transfer to a crockpot as they are finished.
- Pour the wine into the skillet to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan, then add to crockpot.
- Add the artichoke hearts, the onion, the peppers and the mushrooms to the crockpot. Add the herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken broth. Cover tightly and cook on low 8-10 hrs or high 3-4 hours.