Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Picked up this recipe while visiting in the States. Its really simple, tasty and healthy too! Enjoy..
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans (undrained)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat large saute pan on medium high 2-3 minutes.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, broth, and tomatoes.
- Stir cornstarch and water together and, stirring continuously, slowly add to pan.
- Heat to a boil; then reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
I love savory and this was! I accidentally opened a can of white beans for a recipe I was making that called for black. What to do? So I found this and it looked fast and easy. I used dried rosemary and store bought stock (I'll omit the salt next time!) Also, I used arrowroot instead of the cornstarch. Incredibly low fat, but you'd never know it... delicious.
This is an absolutely marvelous bean and chicken soup/stew. Used my most flavorful homemade stock and I wouldn't change a thing. It's incredibly easy to make. Doesn't seem possible it could have so much flavor in such a short time, but it does. Seems like a natural pairing with some crunchy-crusted bread.