Recipe by Abby Girl
A hearty one pot chicken dinner with loads of colourful veggies, chickpeas and a splash of white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 (22 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chickpeas or 1 cup white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken thighs. Cook until chicken is lightly browned, 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onions and garlic to the same skillet. Cook and stir until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini and yellow pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender crisp, about 6 minutes. Stir in chopped herbs and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add pasta sauce, wine, chick peas and black pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Return chicken pieces to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for another 5 minutes to cool slightly.