Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the first recipes that I ever cooked. After three years of cooking and experimentation, it still remains one of my favorites.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the chicken pieces, and the crushed cloves of garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
- Add vinegar to the pan.
- Let it cook off.
- Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes, add flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in wine, reduce 1 minute.
- Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a bubble.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes to finish cooking chicken through.
This was pretty good, and I will definitely make it again. I used chicken stock instead of beef stock though and next time I may add a little less stock or reduce the sauce for a little longer to get a thicker consistency. This time I just made the chicken with a side of rice, but next time I think I will cook up some fettuccini noodles and put the chicken on that.