Recipe by Amy BC
This recipe is similar to the restaurant with Apple in name. Herbed cream cheese with bruschetta topping. For best flavor make the cheese spread and bruschetta the day before.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon spice islands grinder garlic and herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- parmesan cheese, powdered kind works best
- 4 diced roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 of a red onion, diced
- 5 freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- toasted ciabatta or Italian bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bow. Add the herbs & spices for the spread except cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix thoroughly adjust seasonings to taste, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the balsamic vinegar & brown sugar to a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to med-low and stir occasionally until reduced by half and thickened, about 30-45 minutes. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine tomatoes, fresh basil, onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Toss and refrigerate at least a few hours, overnight is best.
- When ready to serve spread cheese spread into an oven proof serving serving dish. I spread mine on one half of a 9x9 or 13x9 if doubling or tripling, the other half will be for the bruschetta. Top spread with some Parmesan cheese and bake at 400°F until melted. Spoon bruschetta on the other side of cheese spread. Sprinkle balsamic glaze over tomato mix. Or you can pile the bruschetta on top of the cheese spread. Spread some cheese on some sliced bread and top with bruschetta.