Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
from sparkpeople.com message boards
- 15 1⁄2 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup regular egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 slices reduced-calorie bread, torn in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil. In bowl combine beans, spinach, ricotta, egg substitute, salt and pepper.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are almost dry and begin to brown, 10 minutes. Add to bean mixture. Spoon into pan and even out top.
- Sprinkle bread over mixture; top with cheese. Bake until bread is toasted and spinach is warmed through, 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.