Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple and quick to whip up. Serve with Multi-grain tortillas, toasted pitas, or baguette slices. If you can't find ripe tomatoes, you're better off with chopped canned tomatoes - or buy them early and leave them on the windowsill in the sun.
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, garlic and half the basil in a food processor; pulse until well smooth. Scoop mixture into bottom of a bowl.
- Top with tomatoes and sliced basil.
Great tasting dip with very little effort....I took it to euchre and everyone raved about it...I served it with toasted baguette chips.
This is so yummy. And now while writting the review, I see that I forgot to add the garlic. But even without it, it's so yummy. I love the fresh taste. I ate it with tostitos. Even my son of 4 years old liked that. :) Thanks Katzen :) Made for I recommend tag game
This is a wonderful creamy and oh so flavourful dip! It tastes like holidays in Italy. :) The tomatoes and basil go great together and are complemented nicely by the sharp garlic taste. I luved how smooth and silky the combination of cream cheese and sour cream turned out. What a keeper! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this gem with us, Kat! Ill make it again for sure. Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit Wonders May 2010.