Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't let all the ingredients scare you. The result is different and delicious.
- 1 loaf day-old crusty bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large roma tomatoes, 1/2 inch diced
- 6 large mushrooms, slices
- 1⁄2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 1⁄2 cup medium pitted black olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, until dry and crisp and lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In small bowl, stir together olive oil, artichoke hearts including liquid, balsamic vinegar, capers, garlic, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, black and green olives, basil and celery in large bowl.
- Mix in cooled bread cubes, cheese and the above dressing.
- Toss lightly and allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes at room temperature before serving.
I made this last Thanksgiving, and everyone loved it!! Will definately have it on our menu again...Turned out wonderful. Warning: Once you start eating it, you won't stop....