Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious salad from Tavolo, a web site for cooks. I like to make it with sourdough bread. It goes well with any kind of pasta.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups sourdough bread, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, slivers
- Italian parsley
- Make a vinaigrette of the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a bowl with the vinaigrette and garnish with parsley. Let sit 15 minutes before serving, so the bread absorbs the dressing.
Wonderful flavor and a nice change from "traditional" salad. I used half a loaf of leftover garlic bread and it was perfect. Next time I might make a bit more vinagrette.
This was SO GOOD. I omitted the garlic and used garlic infused olive oil . Stopped by the bakery and bought a fresh loaf of sourdough. YUMMMMM! So crisp and light. A very easy summer side in place of a traditional lettuce salad. I will be making this regularly.Thanks so much for a great recipe!
PERFECT!!! This salad is a must for those summer dinners. Great with home-grown tomatoes. Just as I remember it from being in Florence.